Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Chair

The Chair


I did it! Yes, I am now one of those people. What kind of people you ask? The kind that boldly takes “Free” items that neighbors leave out to get rid of, and shamelessly tote it back to their home as they walk their dog, all the while feeling like a goof nut and being thankful more people aren’t awake to see them!  Oh, wait maybe I am the only one that feels that way?! 

I am not a bold person and this event is HUGE for me. Silly, I know, but still, it’s big for me. I have let too many items pass me by, because I didn’t have the guts to go for it. I mean, they are free!  And it's not just the things that have passed me by, but the events in life that have slipped through my fingers.

My defining moment yesterday morning was asking myself (don’t worry in my head, not out loud!), “would I regret it if I didn’t take it?” That has been my mantra lately…would I regret something, if I DIDN’T do it? I don’t know if this realization is something that is coming with age, but I don’t want to live my life regretting not doing something because of fear and then regretting it later.  Regret is a bitter bitter pill.

To others, my new and some may say ugly chair, might seem like a small thing, but for me, it’s a big affirmation that a life filled with regrets for things UNDONE is no life at all. If the opportunity is there, WHY NOT?

I don't want to look back on my life and definte it by what I didn't do, but instead by what I DID do.  You might call it a chair, but for me, it's so much more. 

I’ll post my after pictures soon. I found this great how-to reupholster video, but I will have to sand it down and repaint it as well.

The seat was a LOT harder to remove than on any of the videos I watched!

I am thinking red!!

No comments: