Tuesday, June 4, 2013

4HB Experiment Week Three Thoughts


Calvin and Hobbes
Okay, I will be completely honest.  I have not had great results the last two weeks.  I haven't lost any real weight OR inches OR fat.  In the past, this would have been the point where I threw in the towel and said, "SCREW IT!"  Actually last week would have been that point.   But not this time!  I am continuing on and sticking to it for at least 45 days (total).  There are a couple of reasons why. 
  1. I feel so great!  I am sleeping better than I have in ages.  Seriously, I am conking out at night and waking up without any problems.  Usually I am dragging my sorry behind out of bed, but not since starting 4HB.  And my overall healthy feels really good. 
  2. I screwed up.  Not on purpose, I promise!!  I learned a couple of things that I didn't know, namely that balsamic vinegar is not a good idea starting out, and it certainly isn't a good idea when you are using it LIBERALLY at least twice a day.  Balsamic is made from grapes and is high in sugar.  One of the things I am supposed to stay away from.  I was also still drinking diet drinks and not the 12 ounce TF suggests, oh no, oh no...lots more than that.  Which is really just ridiculous considering what a health freak I have become over the last year and a half.  Don't judge!  =P  I was also still drinking my one cup of morning coffee with sugar free (terrible, terrible, I know) vanilla creamer and Truvia.  Also, not a good idea when in this phase of the program; and
  3. As I was bemoaning to my sister, I have to take my age into consideration.  My body may not be reacting as fast as I would like due to my age.  Also, being a woman...well, there are certain things that can throw things off.  I think I will leave it at that.
So onward I go.  I haven't decided if I will keep posting my daily food after the initial 30 days are up.  Let's face it, it's boring and I write it all down in a book too.  I will still be posting about my progress.  

The bottom line is that I am not giving up!!

No comments: